Advertisement

Spinning of Chakras

topic posted Fri, April 21, 2006 - 2:50 PM by  Ricky
Share/Save/Bookmark
Does each chakra have a designated direction of spin, or is it different for each individual?
posted by:
Ricky
New Mexico
Advertisement
  • Re: Spinning of Chakras

Fri, April 21, 2006 - 6:37 PM
    Well, there are tones of books written on the subject, and I respect other viewpoints and philosophies but I don’t believe that chakras spin at all, just because the Sanskrit transliteration is “wheel” among other definitions, doesn’t mean it spins, in my opinion. The physical side of the Chakras is the endocrine glands and sub-glands, do they spin? no glands don’t spin. The Chakra is simply the psychic and psycho-spiritual aspect of these glands. Chemicals like hormones and secretions, energies and awareness move from a subtle to a more crude state and vise versa through the Chakras. They are sub centers of the mind and doors to higher or lower states of consciousness.

Sat, April 22, 2006 - 5:47 PM
      I'm not the most energetically aware of people, but I've found that but visualizing a specific "spin" to individual chakras does seem to have an effect on their action. A friend of mine taught me a practice whereby you set them spinning clockwise for "Power" and counter clockwise for "Wisdom" (as I interpret it, simply a more subtle form of interaction), and it works.

Then again, as with Aaron, I've read a massive amount of often contradictory information on chakra spin (among other things), and I do suspect that it may be relatively arbitrary except insofar as the effect of the specific visualization.

Which doesn't mean I'm going to stop alternating the spins in my own practice, even if it's just increasing my awareness, it seems to be accelerating my growth of late.

Thu, May 18, 2006 - 8:37 AM
      The 'spin' concept has never worked for me either.

I am of feel more than thought,in some areas, and chakras feel more like energy - color - light pulses and that is how I visualize them.

I am able to work with them more effectively this way.

Sun, April 23, 2006 - 6:21 AM
    I've always heard that if there is poor spinning or misdirected spinning, it will manifest in negative aspects. BUT, I think Aaron's right about the wheel and the translation of that term. IMO, a wheel has spokes that shoot outward into infinity as it turns. The visualization of energy flowing out of those 'spinning' spokes into the rest of the body is a powerful one for me.
    • This post was deleted by Captain Erotica

Sun, April 23, 2006 - 9:08 AM
    Hi Ricky,

I love the book by Anodea Judith called the Wheels of Life. She really gives a grounded overview and in depth look at chakras.

As to your question about spinning...from my own experience...my energy spins in when I am receiving in a circle and spins out when I'm releasing. Practice moving your hands over chakra locations clockwise and counterclockwise and see what feels better. This of course changes as you are changing and experiencing life.

Good luck...

Jeannie

Mon, May 15, 2006 - 10:25 AM
    Some say that as you move up or down the major chakras that they alternate spin direction from one chakra to the next. It is also said that male and female chakras typically spin in opposite directions for the same chakras. I have also heard some say that some or all of a womans chakras may reverse direction during menstruation. I believe you can change the spin direction at will.

Play with a pendant held over a chakra and see what spin you get. Consciously try to alter the spin of the chakra ... how does that effwect the pendant?

One can also willfully change the size, shape, orientation and relative input/output of any of your chakras.

Mon, May 15, 2006 - 10:53 AM
      I've read conflicting information about how chakras spin so it seems to me to be up to the individual....personally my own chakras have some crazy movements going on, sometimes feeling like a spin but sometimes feeling like pulsing and vibrating and just breathing in all directions at once.

Wed, May 17, 2006 - 12:35 PM
    When I was trained to do crystal balancing work on the chakras I was asked to feel the direction they were spinning. My experience was that on men, starting at the crown, they spin clockwise and alternate each one all the way to the sacrum. In woman it is the other way around. My teacher said this was correct when I told her my findings. Ever since then Ive done my balancing work with that in mind and when I am just "petting" someone I find that my hand will automatically move in the direction of the chakra it is over. If it is moving in the other way I usually go in and ask why and adjust it, if that is what it wants. Or leave it be. I don't hold tight to the notion that spinning on way or the other is better. I just go with what I feel most often to be true.

Thu, May 18, 2006 - 3:28 PM
    I find that it is very individual. How can there possibly be a set science to how our individual chakras "spin". In response to my many emotions or ebb and flow of energies I find that the state of my chakras change as well. Sometimes spinning, pulsing, vibrating or heating up. Ever changing just like us. But with that said, when I am doing a healing I do tend to visualize a spin and it is typically clockwise, but I am always open to whatever it calls for.

Sat, May 20, 2006 - 6:53 AM
      PLayed with a pendulum for the first time yesterday and the results i experimenting with my various spins were really fun and interesting. I suggest others give it a shot.

Sat, May 20, 2006 - 1:08 PM
        Hey Magic.

I agree. I love my pendulum. I use it to pendle my patients chakras as well my own. It is also helpful in letting me feel certain energeis when I am trying to make a decision concerning my own health.

They are really great little tools.

Sat, May 20, 2006 - 8:30 PM
          I've always had trouble understanding the vocabulary.
          When you use the words "clockwise" and "counter-clockwise", are you describing it from a view looking at one's body from outside FRONT (audience perspective) when STANDING/SITTING? or perhaps "looking" from back toward front (like a "from the stage" perspective)?
          Or from above when standing/sitting (in which a clockwise spin viewed from above would be a right-to-left spin if viewed from audience view...), or below??

You see the difficulty?
          Never could make sense of the descriptions because of that.

I realize a number of people will completely misunderstand my question or parts of my attempt to describe my question, but it IS one that has puzzled me, so I dare ask..

Sat, May 20, 2006 - 10:59 PM
            hi axl...

as far as the clockwise counterclockwise perspective....yeah that kind of thinking can drive you looopy...!!

So I just spin one direction and feel it and then the other. One way will feel clearly better. I work intuitively from how it actually feels...try that and see what happens...

Happy healing****

ps. Standing, sitting, laying down, in front of your body, from your back...again it's how it feels. We're always changing and so our needs change too. Free yourself to do what you really need to do!

Sun, May 21, 2006 - 12:04 PM
              Thanks, Jeannie.
              So, in other words, *i*, perhaps, can't use descriptions ... anyone's written or verbal descriptions... because I am trying to understand what they mean a bit too clearly/precisely, and the words ARE, obviously, VERY unclear, subjective, open to different personal interpretations of just what "clockwise" might mean.
              ... even before we get to the questions of which chakras might move or not move which way when. (sheesh! heh heh :)

This means I can't really use any written knowledge on the subject, so must work solely with single, personal, internal feeling-experience. Alas, hard for me, but will try.
              But ain't that the way it IS, anyway. :D